Sometimes you run into a problem where you have no choice but to restart your Lenovo laptop, one of these problems could be your laptop is slow or freezing and the mouse becomes laggy, there are multiple ways to do it so pick one that suits you best
This is the most common method for restarting your laptop, simply go to the start menu which is located at the bottom left corner of the screen, click on it and choose Restart or Shutdown, wait for a few seconds or minutes depending on the state of your laptop, if it’s really slow and you have been working on it for too long and its hardware is not that great then it’s going to take a lot of time to completely shut down or restart, if you want to make your laptop shutdown faster then I recommend you get an SSD instead of the old bad HDD, it’ll cost you more but believe me it’s worth it.
Check out this article where I compare HDD vs SSD.
If the above method doesn’t work for you because the laptop is really laggy and frozen then you got no other choice but to use the power button, this method works well 100% of the time but only use it if you can’t use the first method, this method could ruin your hard drive if used multiple times.
Simply hold down the power button for 15 or 20 seconds until your laptop shuts down completely then quickly let it go.
You can press the power button again to turn it on normally, discard any messages you see when your laptop boots up.
If you see anything weird please write it down in the comments section.
Using the keyboard
Alternatively, you can shutdown or restart your Lenovo laptop using the keyboard, by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL at the same time you’ll see a small pop-up window from which you can choose to restart your laptop, you can also press ALT + F4 to terminate any active windows and eventually the same pop-up window will show up.
I believe that some laptop models now have the option to shut down the laptop using a key on the keyboard.
How to fix a laggy laptop
A slow laptop can be a frustrating experience. It can make you feel like you are wasting time and not getting anything done. But there are some simple steps that you can take to fix your slow laptop.
There are many reasons why your laptop might be running slowly. It could be because of the number of programs you have open, or it could be because of a virus. Whatever the reason, there are some steps you can take to speed up your laptop.
The first thing that you should do is to check the battery life of your laptop. If it is low, then plug it in and let it charge for a while before trying to use it again. If the battery life is fine, then try restarting your computer by pressing the power button on the side or bottom of your laptop. This will clear out any temporary files that might be slowing down your computer and help speed up its performance.
Follow the steps below to make your laptop feel faster:
- Use an antivirus to check for any viruses or malware that could be slowing down your laptop.
- Open up the task manager by right-clicking on the taskbar and choosing Task Manager and look for the processes or programs which consume the CPU or RAM and terminate them.
- Look for bad sectors, a bad sector is a damaged unit or sector in your hard drive which causes your laptop to slow down.
- Get an SSD, an SSD is much faster than the regular HDD or the hard disk drive, they cost more money but they’re worth it.
How to Backup your files
It’s very important to back up your files before doing any risky tips like resetting your laptop or shutting it down improperly, there are multiple ways to backup your files for free.
- Google Drive is a great option to backup your files for free, it offers 15GB of free storage which is enough to backup your critical or important files and shouldn’t take much space.
- You can also choose other cloud services like Dropbox, Onedrive or box.com.
- If you need a lot of space to backup your files then you should buy an external hard drive and finally put it somewhere safe.
- If you still need more cloud storage space then a quick Google search will list different cloud services that can be used to back up the rest of your data.
- You should also check if there are any updates available for your operating system or other software that might be slowing down your computer.
Why You Should Restart Your Lenovo Laptop Regularly
In this article, we have discussed different ways of
restarting your Lenovo laptop. You should not wait for the computer to become slow and then reboot it. You should reboot it every few days or weeks.
The benefits of restarting your Lenovo laptop regularly include reducing resource usage, improving performance, and clearing out memory caches. Restarting your Lenovo laptop will help you avoid hardware failures or data loss in the future.
Restarting your Lenovo laptop is a very important process that you should do regularly to keep its performance at optimum levels and avoid hardware failures in the future.